Saturday, July 22, 2006

Take a 'bite' outta Seattle

I love the Bite of Seattle, the city's annual festival to celebrate one of my favorite things: food. Oh man, so many delightful tastes, smells and sights awaited me as I walked around the campus of the Seattle Center earlier today. And this weekend is one of the hottest on record in the city -- 97 degrees yesterday. It is not supposed to be as hot today, thankfully, but there is something nice about enjoying good fair food while walking along in the sun at the Center.

Today I had some mango chicken on rice from an Indian restaurant. I followed that with a huge strawberry shortcake, which I had to throw away some of because I got so full and it was super sweet. I think I also got tired of it because the weather was hot and I had spilled some of the syrup on my shirt front. However, I bought one of those Tide On the Go pens, and I saved my shirt soon after. That was $2.99 plus tax well spent.

I am headed back over to the Bite with my friends the CIB and Superfrankenstein, so we will get another chance to chow down in just a bit. This is a rite of summer, and I really do enjoy coming to the city for it. I could not have asked for better weather, and my control of my portions and sugar so far this summer has paid off in looser shorts and the ability to indulge a bit more this weekend. Woo-hoo!

-- Seattle

No comments: