Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Daily Routine 3

I awoke this morning at 7:30 a.m. to make sure I was up and ready in case my brother was early on his way to his local job. He was delayed by some highway construction, but he arrived about 9 a.m. and took a look at the electrical problem. He assessed the situation and said he would be back later to look in more detail.

Before his arrival, I returned an e-mail about the workshop and entered about 25 more registration forms for the summer workshop. I think I am more effective at that early in the day and without any additional distractions. Last night when I did some, I was also watching TV, and my pace slowed down a lot. However, at least I did make some progress, and I have only about 75 to go. I came across the forms for my own students and I had my first summer thoughts about actually missing some of my students. I don't miss the daily grind, but I do miss seeing some people I really enjoy.

I picked a heaping handful of raspberries from the patch alongside my shop, and I ate them with a good portion of plain yogurt and a tablespoon of brown sugar this morning. That should keep me running for most of the morning. One of the benefits of summer is that I can set my own schedule for the most part, which means I can eat when I am hungry as opposed to set meal times. I think it is a healthier way to live, and I only get a few weeks of it per year.

Now, it's time for a bit of yard work I could not get to because of the sprinkler yesterday morning, and some reading. Maybe a daytime talk show also.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

No comments: