Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Daily Routine 6

I spent the afternoon on a few errands: a billing matter at school, lunch and hanging out, and shopping at Lowe's and Target. I love the Godfather's Pizza lunch buffet -- plenty of pizza, a decent salad bar and pop for $6.75 with tax. That's a deal. I found Target to be tempting as usual. I am surprised at how I can just wander and find things to look at -- a lot of stuff I don't want or need, and some stuff that I can't afford. I was looking at both stores for new lamps for my bedside, and I realized that they should match whatever bedroom decor I have, and that means knowing what color walls and such and what color bedding. So, I ended up just looking for bedding for a new bed I don't yet have. I guess it was almost pointless. Although, I did see a lot of ugly lamps.

So I came home and plowed through the remainder of those registration forms. I finished them about 5:15. I then had to analyze and sort through all the data, so I would know how many students are in each of the class sessions we offer, how many from each school and so on. I typed all this up and sent it to my co-director.

I also watered theyard in front today, knowing it has been a few days since I watered last. I noticed that there are a couple leaks on the drip watering system, leaving some spots really soggy. I'll have to get out there and make some adjustments. Not only is that waseful of the water, but it is unnecessary.

I attended a meeting this evening of the homeowner's association. This time, our second meeting recently, we did have enough owners present to qualify as a meeting. We elected three new directors to satisfy the requirements set by the bank, and now we can get on to doing the business of the association. I thought about being one of the directors, but I really don't want to get entangled with that sort of thing, so I kept my hand down when it was time to volunteer. I think the job sounds easy enough, but I don't want to become liable for anything.

After the hourlong meeting, I stopped by Fred Meyer to look at more lamps, and I did not see any that I liked. I am also looking to re-do both bathrooms, so I looked at towels and shower curtains. Again, nothing struck my fancy. I did buy some low-sugar Popsicles with Diet Dr Pepper, diet Orange Crush and diet root beer. They sound delicious, and they only have 15 calories apiece.

Came home and ate some pot roast leftovers and watched that talent show on TV with Regis, Brandi, David Hasselhoff and some British guy. Every reality show has some British guy now.

SHOUT OUTS: I saw in a post to my Blog here that one of my students has been selected for a position as a contributor to Cosmo Girl! magazine. She is pretty darned excited, and she deserves it -- she will be great. So, here's a shout out to Kayley for her new responsibilities (and a hope she will remember she also has school responsibilities that come first!). And, I want to welcome back a frequent contributor to the comments section. I see that the ever-popular Adam has returned as well. I only hope that his responses to my posts will be as plentiful and interesting as in the past.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, Aimone. :)