Friday, July 14, 2006

Daily Routine 9

Last night was basically a TV night. I slept in until 9 a.m.; for some reason I was especially tired last night and then into this morning.

I got up and decided to do some little yard tasks. Mainly I watered the trees in the front yard since they don't get much from the drip system. They really need to be watered individually about every other week, but I usually don't make time to do it except about once a month for about 30-40 minutes at a time. I watered the back yard last night, and it was good to see that the yard was still damp in places this morning. With the weather averaging in the high 80s and 90s, it's good to keep the yard in good shape.

I saw a pair of insects near the plum tree in the front yard this morning. They were solid black, about the size of a big fly, but they also had an orange stripe across the abdomen. I had never seen this bug before. They both just sat there, not flying at all. Hope they're harmless.

I also picked a heaping handful of raspberries and added them to my yogurt this morning. Dang, but that is good. And I love that there is a seemingly endless supply of berries right there for me to eat. I usually have berries well into late summer and fall, through September at least.

In addition to some general e-mail business and such, I have been watching the "Ellen" show this morning as Ellen DeGeneres celebrated her 25th anniversary in comedy. I know it is a repeat, but the summer is a chance to catch up with some shows I enjoy watching. And Ellen is dang funny. I remember her from the '80s, when she was on a show on VH1 called "Standup Spotlight." The host for that show was Rosie O'Donnell. It was great, and I watched it all the time. I generally like Ellen's type of physical and sarcastic comedy. It just seems so natural instead of the scripted gags that so many stand-up comedians use today. The "Ellen" show is also just so fun -- everyone seems happy to be there.

In just a bit, I plan to get outside and do some reading on the chaise lounge in the back yard. Finally, it is seeming like summer to me.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

No comments: