Thursday, July 13, 2006

Daily Routine 7

I woke up this morning with a call from a colleague who is in Illinois. He apologized for calling early (it was 8:20), but I should have been up anyway. I have spent the entire morning so far on the workshop. I entered the teacher data forms, and had to call two people with questions about their forms. Then I inventoried the materials from last year, ordered new materials from the national association's bookstore, ordered promotional materials from the Student Press Law Center and had a quick phone call with my co-director. I'll make a shopping list for office supplies and such for next week.

Took a phone call from a former student, the one who I did the reference for on Monday. He got the job, so after training, he will be an inspector for the migrant worker tent camps that are located around the area.

It doesn't sound like a lot, but time really gets away from you when you're working on various activities.

Later today I am headed to Ellensburg for some personal business, and I will be taking the afternoon off from workshop planning. The last few days I have not been spending as much time on summer vacationing as I would like. So, this afternoon is all about relaxing and being lazy.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

No comments: