Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Daily Routine 5

Last night was pretty much a TV night, just clicking around. It was nice.

I woke up well rested at about 8:30 this morning. I got up and checked e-mail and surfed around for a while. I also made a couple phone calls for the summer workshop, trying to get some donated items for our participants.

I also paid some bills and entered a bunch of receipts into my checkbook. It is good to know that I am going to be OK financially this month. Because I bought the new car in May, I am a bit tight until the pay raise kicks in come the end of September. I do have some extra money coming, though, with my honorarium for the summer workshop and with some extra days I submitted for pay that will be on my paycheck at the end of July. Still, the MasterCard bill is not shrinking very fast.

Today's weather is overcast, but I can tell it is warm out and it would be a great day for yardwork but I don't really have the mind for it today. Plus, there is not much except for weed-pulling, and that is not at all what I am in the mood for today. I could do some RoundUp on the gravel-bound weeds, but I am not up for that either. I should do it because the weeds just get worse the more I procrastinate, but I am just in an indoors mood today.

Finally, those last few registration forms are looming over me. I have about 45 to go still, and I am just tired of them. I had to call a few kids last night to get their information because it was not included on the form. I have also discovered that not every school and teacher are organized and responsible -- some of the miscommunication is really evident.

I have some errands to do around town today, including a quick trip up to school. I just finished a 49-minute phone interview with a college student from Kansas, who picked my brain for all aspects of advising student publications. The questions were detailed and interesting. I wish I had the chance to do that kind of investigating before I took this job. Of course my own personal experiences as a student journalist helped me immensely, so I was more prepared than a lot of people who start advising when they start teaching.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God. Aimone. You know how I applied to be a teen reporter for CosmoGIRL! magazine??????? I just got an email from their editor and THEY CHOSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! They only choose a couple girls out of THOUSANDS of applicants!!!!!! I am SO excited! I'll get to report/write some of my own stuff as well as offer advice and read articles before they run in the magazine! And they're going to print my name! And they always choose their teen reporters as interns later!!!!!!! I can't believe this. This is SO awesome! I mentioned Apple Leaf in my application and they said it was "very impressive." ;)
Well, I just had to tell you this! I hope you're having a great summer!