Friday, January 28, 2005

"Hotel Rwanda" is the new "Schindler's List"

I went to see "Hotel Rwanda" this afternoon in Seattle with my friend The CIB. All I can say is "Wow!" This is one of the most moving cinema experiences I have had in many years. I experienced mixed emotions -- outrage at the world for not reacting sooner, shock at the tragedy, sadness for the loss.

Simply put, Don Cheadle is amazing, as are the other performances. Well, Nick Nolte was a bit off, but I can let that slide.

This movie should be shown as frequently as possible, to as many people as possible in order to spread the word about this historical travesty. If enough people make a request, it will open in wider release.

See it soon.

-- Seattle

1 comment:

Stang said...

Well, of COURSE Nick Nolte was off! He's still worn out from HULK!