Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Blame it on the rain

It has been raining. For days and days, and for a few days more still, it has rained. Here in the sunney warmth we like to call Eastern Washington, the rain has subsided a bit and we even had some blue sky today. Tuesday I saw a brilliant rainbow through the front office windows at school. Not only had I nearly forgotten what a rainbow looked like, I had nearly forgotten what a window looked like (few classrooms at school have windows, and just one hallway does).

Seattle is headed for the longest stretch of rainy days on record, which would be 33 days. The city has experienced 25 so far. Meanwhile, parts of the state are sliding off, sinking under and slipping away as the rain keeps coming.

Pat Robertson will blame it on the gays or the unfaithful or the pronographers or someone. Just wait -- I bet he will. Then, as usual, he will apologize, and someone will condemn him.

Meanwhile, I just wish it would either snow or get to spring already.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

6 comments:

Jacko83 said...

hi from italy. i just push "Next" and i find your blog.
Cool.. From Germany, where i'm studing for a while, to W. D.C. .. really strange.
I study science of communication, in Bologna, the ancient university in Europe.
bye

Anonymous said...

Loganite,

If you haven't already, you should read the January 16 issue of Newsweek. The column on the last page, "Ed Schools vs. Education," discusses how many of the flaws in education today relate to problems within schools of educatoion. I lack the knowledge necessary to accurately assess the article's validity, so I was curious to hear a teacher's perspective on the issue.

Anonymous said...

"...problems within schools of educatoion."

I meant "education." It's kind of ironic that I would misspell "education" while discussing education's inadequacies.

Hey, at least that wasn't as bad as "poopsite."

Ron L. Schott said...

Logan,

Is Loganite some sort of new element? If so, where can I get my hands on some? I am interviewing for some new jobs here in Seattle and could use some of my clips from the paper. Is there any chance I could make some copies from old issues of the Apple Leaf? Anyway, I enjoy the blog... I started one a while back, but haven't updated in a while.. I will try to get going on it again.

Anonymous said...

Loag,

Obviously you didn't knock on wood after posting this comment because, ass you must already know the steak ended with one decent day. You ruined it! Shame on you.

Anonymous said...

Forgive me for my previous post Loag, I meant "as" and "streak."