Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Still perfect

I just checked my grades for the fall semester for my graduate studies program. I still have a 4.0 grade-point average after five semesters. I am prettty pleased -- not just because I have high marks but because I worked dang hard this semester for one of my two A's, and I thought I was going to get a lower grade.

One of the concepts I studied this semester in my Human Learning class was motivation -- intrinsic and extrinstic. Atthis point in my studies, I am intrinsically motivated to do well in my classes. There is no other incentive aside from my own desire to perpetuate the grade perfection. I get a salary bump based on completion of the degree, not how well I did (that is an argument for another day).

So, as I head into my final semester, I am looking forward to maintaining my high marks -- solid grades based on hard work and achieving beyond what is expected. My biggest competitor is myself. And I compete to win.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

No comments: