Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Road Trip ’05: Stage 2

Let's just say that my night staying at the Motel 6 was not the best motel experience ever. I was tired at about 10 p.m., so I went to bed. It was hot because of the broken air conditioning, so I slept atop the covers. I awoke several times during the night with various noises outside the room, in the parking lot and, at about 5 a.m., the construction quarry nearby. I decided to sleep until about 8 instead of the 6 a.m. time I planned to get up. About 6, the room started heating up because the sun came over the hills. It had cooled quite a bit overnight.

So, around 7:30, I got up, showered and dressed and left for Las Vegas. No travel problems to report, and it was smooth sailing to Vegas. Nevada really is much more eye-pleasing than I thought. Also, the thunderstorms and lightning sparked a few fires, which made for interesting viewing about 45-60 minutes north of Las Vegas.

I am getting settled here and have Internet access, so I can do my online class work and such. Can't believe that I am in my hotel room blogging in Vegas. When I head to the strip later, that should give some good fodder for entries!

-- Las Vegas, Nev.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimone's going for the strip club. Hm...i don't quite know if that poses a particularlly grand image.

Loganite said...

Uhhh. No. Didn't do it. And stop imagining such things.

-- L.