Monday, March 14, 2005

Yearbook done; focus on courses

The bound-book portion of the 2005 yearbook is done. It was on time. It looks good. This group of students is fantastic -- such hard workers and so creative.

The infrequency of my posts is directly proportional to the amount of other work I have to do in other areas. With the extra time spent at school the last couple weeks working with students has forced me to really work hard at home -- when I am there -- on my online courses. I spend about four hours a week reading (skimming in some parts) and then another hour or so for each of two classes writing responses and various assignments. Sometimes it is more. Then another two or three hours reading and responding to discussion board posts from my classmates in the two classes. These are the main way we communicate and discuss what we have read and produced. Our comments count toward a grade, so each post must be read and several responded to.

I just signed up for summer courses and fall courses. I'll have seven credits in the fall instead of the six in each previous semester, so that will be an extra challenge. In a year, I'll be almost finished, which is weird to think about.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

No comments: