Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Jacko trial is so not important

OK, I'll say it out loud: I don't give a rip about Michael Jackson and his trial for sexual molestation.

Well, I guess I care slightly, but I really don't need an update on the Today Show every day and I sure as heck won't be watching the re-enactment of key moments on the "E!" Channel at all.

The media needs to drive the satellite trucks back to the station and shut up about Jackson's trial. Oh, he's a freak, to be sure. He's a guy who deserves a fair trial, and he'll probably be convicted. I just don't want to hear about this instead of real news.

I mean, sheesh, we have corruption in our government, a war around the globe, huge domestic financial problems and all sorts of social issues that could be portrayed on broadcast news. I say this even as I am waiting for a TV program at 8:30 p.m. and NBC is running an hour on the Scott Peterson trail -- after he has already been convicted!

Note to media: Move on and get some real news!

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

2 comments:

Dr Pezz said...

Wacko Jacko gets more coverage than the current Iraqi conflict! Ouch! Where are our priorities? The trial gets more coverage than the debates over social security, the deficit, Medicare, and Medicaid.

Sadly, people don't care about the issues. When "The Bachelor" gets a higher viewership than the evening news, you know we're in trouble.

By the way, Spring Training began! Woo-hoo! Now that's the real importance of the month! And March Madness will begin soon too!

Anonymous said...

drpezz is wack. snort snort.