Friday, March 18, 2005

Springtime in Wenatchee

Wenatchee really is a great place. Taking advantage of no school today, I just returned from a hike up Saddlerock, and I enjoyed being outdoors in the fresh air. Despite the calendar -- spring doesn't begin officially until Monday -- it's spring here in north central Washington. With the winter gone around here, might as well enjoy it while I can.

Thank goodness for the extensive trail system around the area -- from the Apple Capital Loop Trail to the foothills trails. It's an underappreciated gem that deserves better advocacy and stewardship. Cultivating an improved trails system will bring visitors here to recreate and possibly linger or move here. It improves the quality of life.

Count me in as a strong supporter.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"With the winter gone around here..."
You are wrong. It snowed a lot today. It was very cold. It was probably all your fault.

Anonymous said...

I also place full balme on you Logan... I hope you are willing and ready to take responsability for your actions.

Loganite said...

Full blame on me? If I had that kind of power, do you think I would be toiling as a public high school teacher? I could probably get my own talk show or maybe a guest shot on David Letterman's "Late Show" for the bit called "Is This Something?" don't you think.

We're just getting our snow a bit delayed.

-- L.