Friday, November 11, 2005

Traveling sometimes goes smoothly

Sometimes, things go as planned. After a slight delay Thursday morning because I of all people overslept, all the travel plans for my eight students and I to get from Wenatchee to Seattle-Tacome International Airport to Chicago-O'Hare International Airport to the elevated train to the downtown and by taxi to our hotel went according to plan. Weird.

It;s a glorious morning in Chicago, the Windy City. The Swissotel is a fantastic property. My students are pleasant, enthusiastic and good representatives of their school. Today should kick off a great convention experience. As I write this, I overlook the Chicago River, with a view of some amazing architecture downtown as the rising sun glints its pink streaks off the shiny windows and light bricks.

Today I will attend some convention sessions and luncheon, and later a benefit auction with what promises to have amazing offers, all to benefit the Student Press Law Center. And, I plan to get out and see just a bit of the city.

-- Chicago

No comments: