Friday, July 01, 2005

I like type

If you've read me for a while, you know that I like type. I like a good ligature. I swoon over serifs. I'm cukoo for kerning. And you know I hate Hobo and Comic Sans, as we all should.

So, when my blog bud Uniongrrl over at Cyphering sent me a link to TypeCon2005, I almost lost it. In fact, I long to go. Type Week in New York City is coming soon.

From the Media Bistro Web site:
Mayor Bloomberg has declared July 18-24 to be "Type Week" in Manhattan! This is, in our opinion, quite a coup for the design community—we don't recall ever seeing "Grammar & Spelling Week" for copy editors or "Lede & Nut Graf Week" for reporters or "Optimized Workflow Week" for the IT department.

Just one more reason to adore type.

-- Peoria, Ariz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Logan, logan, logan...tsk tsk. We all know that comic sans is the greatest font out there. Your inablity to comprehend this important detail is one of your most tragic shortcomings. Hopefully some influencial people will be able to teach you the ways of comic sans. I can only hope.