Sunday, July 17, 2005

I know what happened to Judy

It didn't take long, using Google of course, to find out what happened to one of my favorite anchors on television, CNN's Judy Woodruff. Turns out she has left CNN and the daily broadcast grind after 30 years to work on some long term projects and consult and teach.

The E network had a story online, as did a blog, which reported an April 28, 2005, internal CNN e-mail from Woodruff.

So that explains why one of my favorite CNN shows, "Inside Politics," has been hosted by a rotating member of the CNN Washington and Capitol Hill staff. Woodruff was its host for 12 years. There has also been a stable full of contributors to the "Daily Briefing" segment, which analyzes a handful of top stories beyond just the talking points. I really like Paul Begala, formerly of the "Crossfire," and Tori Clarke, the former Pentagon spokesperson -- she's a keeper.

Woodruff is married to Al Hunt of The Wall Street Journal, who hosts the CNN weekend roundtable "The Capital Gang." I like him, too; he is a fair journalist and not a shouter.

I hope CNN can elevate some of its current talent, especially the wonderful Andrea Koppel, or draw some folks from other networks. I'd love to see Mara Liasson of NPR jump ship as a Fox News contributor to join CNN.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I see that you have censored me. How very disappointing. Why, Loganite, why?