Thursday, May 12, 2005

Halfway through master's program

I just finished the last final for my classes this semester, which means I am now halfway to completion of my master's degree online at the University of Missouri. Honestly, I can't believe a year has gone by. It's been fast. This last semester has been the most challenging, especially the amount and difficulty of the reading, but I am glad to have it behind me. I learned a lot, though.

Now, I have about three weeks before the summer semester begins; in fact, one of my two classes this summer doesn't start until June 20. That will be nice to not have to worry about classes starting just as I am trying to wind down the school year here. Doing that last year was a nightmare, especially when I had underestimated the time I needed to spend and how long it would take to get settled and to receive books. I won't make that mistake again.

Finishing my classes this week is especially nice considering the week I have had. Last week, I thought I would have a bunch of time since the yearbook was finished and my schedule was pretty open. It's amazing how a couple miniature crises can bubble up and boil over and consume a person's life for several days. Needless to say, my calm and wide-open week simply did not happen.

To cap it all off, I foolishly agreed to get a pie in the face if my jar earned the most money in a fundraiser this week. Guess who won? Yep, me. So Fridaymorning, I get a face full of whipped cream. Worst part: my colleagues plotted to ensure my "victory." Expect a full account in a coming post.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

1 comment:

Dr Pezz said...

Loganite,

You were definitely a great sport today with the pie. I know you did not look forward to the pie facial, but without you the money raised would've been halved.

Way to go!