Saturday, May 20, 2006

Save your money from 'American Dreamz'

I saw "American Dreamz" Saturday night. I thought the premise looked decent, but the execution was probably among the worst movies I have ever seen. Yes, it really was that bad, and I am disappointed I paid $9.50 to see it.

I could have excused the completely ridiculous situation if the comedy were better. However, this movie could not decide whether it wanted to be a realistic but funny movie such as "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" or even "Dave" or whether it wanted to be a complete spoof/satire like
"Dick." Unfortunately, it was neither and was so painfully unfunny to me that I would have left if my friend had not been entertained by it.

Verdict: Save your money. Don't even rent it. And save your time, too -- it's not even worth reading the back of the DVD case.

-- Issaquah, Wash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

was you "friend" Susan???

Anonymous said...

Logan, it's Bobby. It's been a really long time since I've talked to you. Why haven't you called me yet Loag? Why? Why, oh why? Call me.