Monday, May 29, 2006

ITMFA -- The time is now

My friend Superfrankenstein gave me my shiny new ITMFA flag pin on Saturday. In fact, he gave me the pin off his own shirt. He has more. They're just $5, enough for one for each friend and family member to have one.

What is ITMFA, you might ask? Well, I'll let you click on that link above and figure it out, but it basically means Impeach the Mo Fo Already. And the Mo Fo is the current occupant of the Oval Office.

ITMFA is the brainchild of Seattle writer Dan Savage, whose column "Savage Love" appears in the delightfully inappropriate weekly The Stranger. It's good stuff. Savage writes on the Web site for ITMFA that he is sending a pin or button to each Democrat member of Congress. His goal: to get one of these legislators to wear the pin on a Sunday morning talk show. It may take guts, but Seattle's Jim McDermott probably has enough chutzpah to do it.

Meanwhile, I've worn my flag pin two days in a row, and no comments form passersby. That's probably because it is Memorial Day weekend, a time when everyone wears a flag pin. But when I wear it around town, I will see what happens. It will only take one innocent inquiry to result in a dirty look around this red town, I am sure.

We'll see.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

No comments: