Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Sunday

I will admit this: I am no football fan. I almost never watch the Super Bowl. Not for the game, not for the commercials, not even for halftime. So, Seahawks in the championship or no, I was not planning to watch today's game in Detroit.

But, the party called and I stopped in for a bot of socializing, some food and beverage and a bit of the game. I even wore a shirt with blue and green stripes.

My thoughts about Super Bowl XL:
  • Can the Super Bowl really be 40? It is middle aged? Wow. I remember Super Bowl XX, two-thirds of my life ago.
  • The graphics and mania around the event are pretty crazy.
  • The whole thing looks pretty kickass in high-definition TV, which my friends just purchased. Nice. Well, everything except John Madden. He looked creepy in hi-def.
  • The Rolling Stones can still rock, but dang, Mick Jagger is skinny and Keith Richards looks like a Muppet. Again, hi-def was not so good here.
  • The commercials were pretty lame. I mean, WTF was with the Broadway/Cirque du Soleil Burger King commercial? The woman who was the meat was creepy. And who really wants to be mayonnaise?
  • Turns out one of my former students is a Sea Gal! Yes, Wenatchee girl makes it to the big game.
  • And the Seahawks got screwed by the bad officiating.

The best thing was Dan Davage blogging about it at The Stranger's blog. That stuff was hilarious. I am glad I stumbled across it this evening.

Now we just have a few months until Seattle's other losing team, the Mariners, get started. And in the meantime, the Winter Olympics.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Logan, it's Craig from C-Woo. Just checkin' in, haven't talked to you for a while, you missed a killer Super Bowl party on Sunday, but I see that you found a happenin' place anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Well, I guess I'll talk to you later or sumthin'.

Anonymous said...

Hey Loag it's Bobby. I definately agree with your John Madden comment. Some of his comments are out of this world. "The Seahawks want to try and get down the field and score a touchdown but the Steelers will want to stop them." CALL ME!!!

Anonymous said...

yes creepy [people are grrrrrrrreat

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.