Thursday, February 09, 2006

CWU at the Grammys?http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

I was watching the Grammy Awards on CBS television Wednesday night. The performance by Kanye West and Jamie Foxx of the song "Gold Digger" used a college marching band theme and a huge backdrop was behind the band -- and it featured a photo of the front of Barge Hall at Central Washington University. I think.

I grew up in Ellensburg and went to Central, and I am almost positive that was Barge Hall. It was just the ground floor, but the words "State Normal School" were clearly visible above the door arch, and the red bricks and window features appeared to match. The original name of Central was the Washington State Normal School.

Anyway, if the backdrop was, in fact, Barge Hall, that would be extraordinary. Surely there is a back story. I would sure like to know if I spotted my alma mater at the Grammys and if so why and how it was chosen.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Loag, it's Craig. I totally saw C-woo at the Grammys, and I was like, "Man, I wish I was back there at C-woo with Loag and the gang." Remember all those great times we had? Like the time we got hammered and jumped off that roof. That was fun. I miss you Loag. Give me a call sometime or I'll call you or sumthin'.

Anonymous said...

I see a guy wearing a BYU shirt.

BYU has arguably the best music program in the United States, not to mention the lowest drinking, drugs, and STD percentage of all major colleges. It's also the most conservative university in the nation.

...And i'm not even a mormon!