Sunday, April 16, 2006

Busy weekend

The last three days have probably been the busiest I have been in a long time. Honestly, I have grown to enjoy a level of relaxation and lack of busy-ness that became my life.

Friday after school I came home and painted the final wall of the living room. It is the accent wall and is colored "cinnamon cherry," which is a cranberry sort of red. It took three coats, and I was done by 7 p.m. The living area of my house looks awesome! I still have to go along the corners and touch up where the paint bled because of the wall texture, but that will probably wait for a few weeks. I am finally enjoying the color in my living room. It feels like a home instead of just the whitish walls.

Saturday I spent a few hours at school working on some projects and planning for the coming week. I came home and watched a movie called "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio," a sweet little flick with Julianne Moore and Woody Harrelson based on a true story of a woman who raised 10 kids despite hard times by entering and winning contests in the '50s and '60s. I also watched the commentary and extra features for the last episode/series finale of
"Six Feet Under" -- and I loved it. What a great show.

Sunday was hardly a day of rest. I worked on a project at school for five hours, and then I came back home to dinner, laundry and another three hours of work for another school project.

In some ways I am happy that I made so much progress on all these projects. I had to. I am leaving Wednesday for the national high school journalism convention in San Francisco, and I had to get this stuff done before I left.

I plan to try to post a few times from San Francisco, if technology and time allows. But first, the layout night from hell. I cancelled Sunday layout because I felt my time was being abused, but it did allow us to get some work done. I think we are a bit behind, but we will find out tomorrow.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Logan, it's Bobby. So what's the deal, are you saying you haven't called me because you're too busy? That is bullcrap. It's okay, I forgive you Loag. I still love you. Call me.

Anonymous said...

oh layout nights...were they WaWa or apple leaf.
I also enjoy how you described your new wall color and even gave the real name. wow.