Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Jury duty dodged again

Well, I am happy to serve, but I am also glad I don't have to.

For the third time in about two years, I was summoned to the jury pool, and for the third time I did not have to report. One of those times was for federal district court in Spokane. The most recent time was last week and the first part of this week, and again I don't have to report.

I love the idea of jury service. I want to be part of that at some point. And, at the end of August 2005, I had no excuse to get out of it. Still, it is the end of August, and I want to enjoy the last few unscheduled days of summer before it's back to the daily and challenging routine of school.

Like I said: I'm happy to serve but glad I don't have to.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arbitron Audits Podcast Audiences
Arbitron announced today that they have successfully started auditing podcast audeiences ... The Z100 podcasts were then downloaded to an MP3 player and played over headsets using the portable people meter headset adapter.
Used Car Loans

Anonymous said...

I felt like you needed a comment on this subject that had something to do with freeking jury duty...so i have taken it upon myself to do so. I hope to be on a jury someday...i think it would be exciting, granted most cases aren't very exciting but who knows maybe you would have on on the jury of an amazing case...anyhow i am always impressed with someone who works for the government is still willing to be positive in serving on jury duty...you have a great amount of noblilty...by the way you have two weeks left until your favorite people come back to see you every single day!!!

Dr Pezz said...

Loganite, I am one of those rare people who actually enjoys the ways of the court, including jury duty. I only hope my next sitting involves something more interesting than a case of one woman slapping another.