Monday, April 04, 2005

'Millions' worth paying full price

In December, when on a movie binge in Arizona, I saw a trailer for a promising movie. It showed a young British boy who found a duffle bag of money that hurtled from a train and landed on his cardboard fort. A peculiar lad, he sees saints and thinks the money is from God and tries to give it away to help the poor. In the meantime, of course, he's confronted with all sorts of complications both physical and moral.

Well, I saw the full feature, "Millions," at the Egyptian theater Sunday. It was charming and adorable. I especially enjoyed the clever plot and fantastic score. Additionally, the scene transitions are original and help move the story along. Finally, the film's message about hope and a larger meaning to the world is inspirational and thought-provoking.

Recommendation: Pay full price.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was okay.

Loganite said...

That was the fastest response ever; the entry had been up for like four minutes before a comment was posted. I suspect it was coincidence rather than someone sitting at home awaiting my thoughts.

Still, I thought the film was better than OK. It was very good. No Oscar, probably, but it was very nice.

-- L.

Anonymous said...

Actually, loganite, 'twas no coincidence. You are my idol, my one true love. I sit at my computer, 23 hours a day (unfortunately, even I have to sleep sometimes), 7 days a week, desperately awaiting your words of wisdom. This blog is my Bible; its contents are holy and guide every aspect of my life. You, my dear man, are a modern-day prophet. I pray that you will continue with your astonishing, inspiring work.