Sunday, September 24, 2006

Back to business

OK, I'm back. I know that I have been really, really bad in not posting here for five weeks (!), but it has been a heck of a month personally, and I just had no energy to invest in this. Honestly, it was a long and relaxing summer, and suddenly in mid-August I found myself adrift with no aim and nothing to prompt me to focus.

It's strange, this self-discovery. I have learned I need something in life to keep me going. It has to be tangible and attainable, not just a quality or concept. I realized over the summer that I had reached many of the material goals I had for myself with career and volunteer activities, and I finished my commitments for the summer workshop, so then I mentally just shut down. All that done, I had nothing to spur me on.

When school rolled around I continued in the same vein, and I was lethargic and unmotivated. Yet, almost a month into the school year, I feel my teaching is some of the best I have done. It's hard to reconcile.

So now, I am trying to get back into a routine that allows self-expression. That includes posting here to the Weblog. It wasn't that I didn't think of things I wanted to say. It was that I didn't have the energy to say 'em. Maybe now I will.

-- Issaquah, Wash.

No comments: