Saturday, March 04, 2006

Being social

It's good to be social. The sun has been shining the last few days, its rays barely able to warm the frosty air and nudge a dreary winter into spring. It's also a signal to get out of the routine and go out with some friends.

I took in a jazz concert Friday night -- it was a student concert, which was the culmination of several days of workshops taught by some big names in jazz music. And, while the student performances were nice, those pros really jammed! The pros included Jeff Hamilton, drums; Christoph Luty, bass; Tamir Hendelman, piano; Gilbert Castellanos, trumpet; Bruce Paulson, trombone; and Tom Peterson, saxophone. Wow!

After, my friends and I went to a great little dessert and wine place a few blocks away. I had a nice slab of carrot cake and a glass of wine, which was the perfect accompaniment to the conversation of my friends.

Spring is in the air, and the sun is starting to shine again. Yes, it was good to be social.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Logan, it's Bobby. I wanted to be social...why didn't you invite me to the concert and to dessert? Call me.