Sunday, October 23, 2005

Fall from slumber

Last Thursday night was crazy. Absolutely crazy. First off, let me explain that I am a very docile sleeper. I don't thrash around, and I don't move much. The sheets are usually easily replaced to their orderly position, and the pillows are just dented but unmoved.

That makes what happened Thursday night all the more bizarre. I fell out of bed. Rolled, actually. I think.

All I know is the bit I remember and what I pieced together when I arose later. I was jolted from slumber with a sharp pain in my left shoulder and clutching some clothes that lay on the floor. I stumbled around in shock and then plopped back into bed, still groggy.

When I got up at my usual time a few hours later, I noticed a large scrape on my deltoid muscle with a straight edge where I had apparently hit the nightstand on the way down. As I went to the closet, I noticed that I must have knocked over the iron from its perch atop the ironing board. Water had spilled onto the clothes and floor. I then noticed the blood on my sheets where I had bled after the fall.

Weird, huh? I am not sure what I ate or dreamed about or did that resulted in this fall, but I sure hope I don't get a repeat of the situation.


Three days later, I still have a bit of stiffness, a sizable scrape and a burly bruise. Neosporin has helped heal the cut a bit. However, I have had no trouble sleeping since then. Back to normal.

-- Wenatchee, Wash.

1 comment:

Dr Pezz said...

Maybe it's time for:

http://www.goodnightbaby.net/ProductImages/brattdecor/Thumb_heritagecribnavy.jpg